With the outdoor living area idea becoming more and more popular, everyone is all about hosting outside. If you don’t want to feel left out, you can transform your bare-looking outdoor area by adding a few more features. A garden, for instance, with natural elements such as trees, flowers, stonework, or even water features will not be a bad idea.
Here are a few landscaping ideas to inspire changes in your garden.
- Make a stone path in your garden A stone path is beautiful and convenient; it allows you to walk in your garden without stepping on your grass.
- Add a shade feature A pergola, an arbor, or a gazebo can be a nice addition to your garden for the purposes of aesthetic and providing a shade. Why not give it a try?
- Try out floral patterns
In addition to your garden flowers, a rose running over your garden path or along your patio gives your space an English countryside feel. Making it a perfect spot to sit and enjoy the nature around.
You can also plant a floral border that separates your driveway or pavement from the garden grass.
- Build a treehouse
A treehouse in your garden is magical. And we all know a treehouse is not only for kids, you can make it cozy for a getaway within the home.
- Get a fancy water feature
Building a dramatic waterfall with rocks and a stream running across your garden mimics a natural landscape. The sight is appealing and refreshing and your guests will always want to visit.
- Make a spiral herb garden
A spiral herb garden is designed in such a way that plants that need the most sun are placed on top while those that need moisture are at the bottom. But you aren’t limited, you can add a few ornamental flowers and other plants too. This type of garden adds details and height to your yard.
- Include edible perennials
You can always kill two birds with one stone; have your herbs like oregano and basil fresh from your own garden as you enhance your aesthetics..